Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Montpellier, wine tasting and des nouvelles!

Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't posted...I have been busy with school and planning my future travels!

A few weeks ago I took a trip to Montpellier. It is about 2-3 hours from Aix-en-Provence. I wanted to check out the town because it has a great university that I may apply too. Nerd trip...yes! Montpellier is definitely a town for students with its bars, clubs and parks. It was beautiful! I loved it! Its centre ville is just 30 minutes away from the Mediterranean and it is full of "south of France" charm....meaning lots of cute little streets. I had lots of fun wandering around, getting lost, and checking out the university area. So...do I like it more than Bordeaux? I still do not know! I love both! My current plan is to apply to both and then decide...plus thats in the future and I still need to enjoy the present!! Check out the pictures... 




Yes...That is a painting on the side of the building! Cool right! Optical illusion!


Main center square in centre ville



beloved Bordeaux...I don't know what I love more...I did fall in love with this city!

We had a CEA wine tasting out in the Luberon. Wine...only one of my favorite things!!! It was a beautiful day and spring had finally arrived! I must say that I have enjoyed experiencing all the seasons but I have been ready for some sunshine!! We even got to have our tasting outside in the gardens...awesome!


This is my roomie....Gaby! We were loving the sunshine! :)


The chateaux....so beautiful! The gardens were just starting to bloom too!


Yummy....I love this picture! I love all wine now...the benefits of living in France ;)

Les nouvelles...(the news)!

I have finalized the plans for the rest of my stay in France! This weekend is a long week-end for me! No classes Monday so I am headed to Paris for the day, then Normandie et Bretagne! I am so excited to see the north west of France and see all the history! First thing on the list...D-day beaches! You guys know me and my love of WW2...so excited! My spring break follows just a week and a half later and I am going to Croatia with the roomie! I have 2 whole weeks off so after Croatia I am going back to Bordeaux! yay! Thanks to a family friend/my mentor, this August, my family and I will be hosting a French girl for two weeks...her family lives in Bordeaux so I am going to meet and stay with them for a few days! Very excited!! Merci beaucoup!!! :)
Classes end two weeks after spring break and I will then prepare for my DELF B2 language exam. I am also going to spend 3 days in Nice to see Coldplay with my friend Kat! We can't wait!!!

I cannot believe how quickly the year has passed! It isn't over yet but I can't believe that it is April and I come home the 15th of June...Just in time (literally) to celebrate my sister's 19th birthday and my brother's 17th! yay! France has taught me so many lessons and I have changed and grown in more ways than I can explain. I love it. Simply amazing...I love my life! No matter what the future holds, France and French will be apart of mine. I love it way to much to ever let it go!!! One thing I can say is....suivez vos rêves...follow your dreams. Dreams are there to be realized and they show you who you are. So, vas-y! Find your dream, live it! Make it happen! I did, and it will forever influence ma vie. I am going to enjoy these last 9 weeks here in my beloved France but for me, it will never be au revoir, just à bientôt. :) 

Je ne sais où je suis née mais ici j'habite maintenant. La France...vous détenez les clés de mon cœur 


No comments:

Post a Comment