Friday, September 6, 2013

bien arrivée!!

First, I would just like to say that I am LOVING being back in France!

Ok so now for a recap. I arrived about 3 days ago now and since my arrival, I have opened my bank account, moved into my place, and officially because a Master's student. eek! :)

I LOVE my tiny little studio...I think my favorite part is that I have it to myself. Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to meeting new people and everything but I love getting to live on my own. I get to do what I want, when I want, and how I'd like to do it :) Sure it is strange being alone but that is part of the adventure. I will have plenty of opportunities to meet to people, especially once classes begin on the 16th. Until then, I'll wander and get to know my new surroundings. 

School...I am enjoying my vacation time but I am ready to have something to dive into. Grad school in France hold news challenges. I am beginning my graduate studies in a new country that has a different education system than I am used to. I'm sure it will take some time to adjust but I am ready for it. It still amazes me that my Master's degree will only cost me about $500 a year. That is for both tuition and social security! How awesome is that! Even though I knew that would be the price, I still couldn't believe it when I was given my balance to pay. Thank you French visa for allowing me to benefit from this! Classes begin on the 16th :)

I have quickly come to realize that all the fears I had about moving and starting my life in another country alone, weren't worth it. This is all an amazing opportunity and I am so lucky that I get to do this. I've learned that the only important thing is to be positive and to love every minute of this adventure. If there is one thing I know about myself it is that I am capable of succeeding in anything and everything I want in life. All I have to do is know I can do it and the rest will fall into place one way or another.

:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment