Monday, September 26, 2011

First full day in Aix en Provence

This town is absolutely amazing! Today was our first full day and we had a brief orientation this morning followed by a walking tour of Centre Ville which is the center part of Aix. 



This is the courtyard of our university. We will be moving to another building close by but for now this is where I get to study. Tough right? :)


The exterior of my school...the Université de Paul Cezanne Aix-Marseille III


The Cour Mirabeau! My apartment is literally just to the left of the fountain you see in the distance. I will be emailing that address out soon!! 


The bell tower...it rings randomly and sometimes for up to 5 minutes. It is beautiful


The three flags...European Union, French National flag, and the flag of Provence


This is one of the many beautiful squares in Aix. All the squares are surrounded by cafés and it is amazing. You can just sit and watch the people go by. 

I am completely in love with Aix en Provence. To me it is magic and it is hard to believe that I live here. I love everything. It has been great to just explore and use my French. It is already improving!! Well I am going to study for my placement test so I will update you all again later. We have a lot going on over the next few days so I will update you again soon! 

à bientôt mes amis! 

1 comment:

  1. Incredible love!!! You worked so hard for this!! Daddy & I cannot wait to this town!!!! xoxoxo your momma!

    ReplyDelete