Friday, September 30, 2011

Wine Tasting...and more

Ready for an update? First things first...

When living in the South of France, what do you do on a Friday morning when you don't have classes? Go wine tasting of course! We headed out to a local vineyard at 9am to do just that! It was beautiful out! It ended up getting a little hot but we all loved it! C'est fantastique, non? :)


This vineyard was beautiful and we got to meet the owner. We strolled among the grapes and learned about their wine-making process before tasting 8 different wines.


Good morning countryside of Aix!


So yummy....grapes in training!




Vin, fromage, et une baguette pour le petit-déjeuner? Don't mind if I do! It was so much fun!

This past week has been a whirlwind of activity! 

Tuesday: We had our placement exam at the school. It was a tad difficult because the written part was 26 pages (ughhh) but the oral was short and painless. 
Wednesday: We did a scavenger hunt throughout Aix to help us become more comfortable with our new city and it was great. Now I am beginning to discover everything Aix has to offer. All the little markets are absolutely amazing!
Thursday: We returned to school for student orientation and to get the results of our placement exams. I placed in the high-intermediate level (as expected). Beaucoup de bises to my CSUSM professor, mentor, and friend, Dr. Anover, because all those extra hours have paid off and I wouldn't have placed where I did without you! Merci beaucoup! I will have class everyday that will total 20 hours of class time per week! It's a lot I know but, I'm up for the challenge! Language/phonetics classes last about 13 hours per week and then the rest of the schedule is made up in electives! French students spend way more time in the classroom than American students! My shortest class is 2 hours! I will need to get used to that but all of my classes will be taught in French so I know I'll love it! Classes begin Monday!

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment