Thursday, February 9, 2012

Salut ça va??

Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't updated this in a while...I've been busy!! So...here we go...on-y va!

Second semester has begun! Time is flying! I have to remember to not think of the time passing because as a dear friend told me, I can't stop time nor can I change it. I have to enjoy each and every moment I have! I changed levels for my French classes and now I am in the advanced level! I love my new language class and my electives are a lot of fun! I have a challenge and I think that is what makes it fun. I really love that my ability to speak the language has improved so much. I can now switch between english and French with less hesitation! So fun!!! I am now preparing to take a language exam (in may) called the DELF which will permit me to apply to grad school here in France. Don't worry...I will be coming home to graduate from CSUSM of course! :)

Now onto Aix! :)
It snowed! It has been so cold here and last week we got snow...twice! My little town is beautiful under a blanket of snow but it has been FREEZING and I am a whimp when it comes to cold! It is an interesting experience! Even the main fountain, la rotonde, has frozen for the first time in 30 years! Crazy!!

La Rotonde!

View from my terrace! 

I have lots of travel plans in the making! I am headed to Nice and Monaco next weekend and I have a week-long break coming up and I am headed to Rome with my friend Laura! I have also started thinking of Normandie (Normandy), Bretagne (Brittany), Switzerland and Germany. I would love to do all of those before the summer! In May I will be back in Nice to see Coldplay and hang out on the beach with my friend Kat! Can't wait! After that, I hope to head to Spain before returning to the States at the end of July! Lots to do!!! Hope to do it all! :) anyone want to come and travel with me!

Just a picture from a day trip I took...this was a city called Gordes and it is considered to be one of the most beautiful cities in France! 

Et maintenant...un peu en français pour ceux qui parlent français! Vivre en France à changé beaucoup de choses dans ma vie. J'aime tout! Pour moi, la France est devenue mon foyer. Je manque ma famille, mes amis et bien sur tous les autres qui sont importantes à moi mais, j'ai appris que ici, je suis comme un poisson dans l'eau et c'est ça qui est importante dans la vie. Si vous aimez quelque chose, allez-y, et ne regarde rien en arrière!

Bisous!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment