Monday, October 31, 2011

A long weekend in Bordeaux...

 Every place I visit makes me fall in love with France all over again...this time it was in the beautiful city of Bordeaux in the south-west of France. In general, it is very different from my world in Aix en Provence but I loved it just the same! For one of my language classes, I have to do an exposé on the Aquitaine region. This trip was perfect because I could gather the information I needed and have fun at the same time! Perfect! :)

My friend Katherine and I took the train from Aix to Bordeaux and even though it took 8 hours, I officially love traveling by train. It allows you to see so much more of the countryside! We passed through 4 different regions before arriving in the Aquitaine and it is a STUNNING region. Fall colors were everywhere and the countryside was full of vineyards! Amazing! Here are a few pictures of things we saw and places we visited...



We arrived in the afternoon of our first day so we took off walking to see what we could find. We found this beautiful park! Look at those fall colors! I have never seen colors like this in San Diego! We walked around for about 2 hours just enjoying the scenery. 


Place de la Bourse...at night! This is one of the most beautiful places I have seen...it is even more amazing during the day! (pictures below) There was a group of 6 men playing French horns so of course, we sat and listened to them for as long as we could!


Ok so when in Bordeaux what must you do? Go visit Châteaux! In the vineyards :) All of the grapes are harvested between September and October so the vines were empty but dressed in their fall colors! 


The exterior....beautiful right? Every wine we tasted was amazing! Obviously...I was in the heart of wine country so of course they were all great! 


I loved the countryside...and the wine!




Place de la Bourse...during the day! This is what makes it so amazing...the reflection! You have to wait for almost all of the water to be gone in order to see it but when you do, it is beautiful! The construction is sort of annoying but at least you all can see what I mean!



 Breast Cancer awareness...French style...AWESOME! The water in the fountain was also pink :)



This is Katherine! She is from Australia...Thanks for coming with me on this great trip! 

So what's next? It's currently Toussaint vacation in France so I have another week off. I will be spending it in Aix...studying! I have lots of exams and exposés to give in the coming weeks so I need the time to prepare! Nerdy but all of my studying has been paying off...nothing is more rewarding then when I am able to speak French without too much extra thought! 

Happy Halloween!!

Bisous :)

No comments:

Post a Comment